As the Chief Flow Advisor at TaskTop and author of Making Work Visible, Dominica DeGrandis has been helping teams make big changes for decades. And now she is joining us on Dev Interrupted to explain the steps we can take to start making a change inside of our organizations, today.
Creating Change In Your Engineering Organization
Change is difficult. And it’s even more difficult, if you’re the one trying to make change happen. But as more organizations start modernizing their software development workflows, like going from story points to cycle time, change, is something we need to learn how to implement.
That’s where Dominica DeGrandis comes in.
In this episode of Dev Interrupted we discuss :
- How to Overcome Resistance to Change
- What is Flow, and the 3 metrics behind it
- Strategies for making a new change stick
- Why Velocity and Story Points don’t work anymore
- The types of experiments to run within an organization